Monday 29 October 2012

RECIPE | PUMPKIN BUTTER


My £1 "small" pumpkin from Tesco's has been a fantastic buy!
Not only have I made a delicious pumpkin curry and pumpkin stir fry this week, but I also found that I had enough left of this rather obscure vegetable to experiment with making pumpkin butter.

Pumpkin butter is a sweet and spicy pumpkin puree that smells like Autumn in a bowl.
It's really good for adding to porridge, pancake mixes, cake mixes and breads.
I am going to experiment using my pumpkin butter tonight by making some pumpkin oatmeal pancakes, so wish me luck!


PUMPKIN BUTTER

Ingredients:

500g of Pumpkin flesh cut into small cubes
2 tablespoons of Water
1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of Nutmeg
2-3 tablespoons of Sugar or desired Sweetener (you may need more or less according to taste)


Instructions:

1.  Place the pumpkin in a microwaveable bowl and cook in the microwave on full heat for 12 minutes.

2.  Mash the pumpkin until it is soft and add the water, vanilla essence, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar/sweetener to the mixture.

3.  Using a hand blender or food processor, puree the pumpkin mixture until it resembles a nice smooth "goo".



No comments:

Post a Comment