Wednesday 20 March 2013

RECIPE | WHITE CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BISCOTTI


I always ask my friends what cakes they want for their birthday... after a tense decision making session, my friend Liam requested some biscotti after trying the batch I made before Christmas (see recipe HERE). An odd choice for a birthday cake I must admit... but I didn't mind!

I decided to go for a little bit of a different take... using what I had in the cupboard to make a lovely new combination. As ever... Biscotti is ridiculously easy and satisfying to make.
Just be careful of your teeth!


Ingredients:

1 Egg
100g Caster Sugar
125g Plain Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
100g White Chocolate
50g Peanuts


Instructions:

1.  Preheat your oven to 180 celcius and line a baking tray with baking paper.

2.  Whisk the egg, vamilla essence and sugar together until you have a mousse-like consistency.

3.  De-shell the peanuts if needed and (you could even toast them under the grill for 5 minutes) and chop the chocolate into small pieces.

4.  Fold in the flour, baking powder, peanuts and chocolate.

4.  Flour a clean surface well and also flour your hands. Carefully scoop the (very loose) dough into your hands and keep working flour into it on the surface until it is no longer sticky.

5.  Roll the dough into a long oblong log shape and place on the baking tray.




No comments:

Post a Comment